Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recipe: Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini/ Meatless Monday

I'm a day late, but rather late then never right?! :)
Cheesy, vegetable goodness! 

This is a really easy, healthy dish that you can throw together if you don't have much in the fridge. 
I used garlic, onion, squash, peppers, broccoli, artichoke hearts, and jalapeƱo to stuff in the zucchini boats. 

Put all the uncooked ingredients into a bowl and mix in some good spaghetti sauce. Something with minimal ingredients and no "nasties" is always best. I really like Seeds of Change.

You'll want to find relatively straight zucchini's to make your life easier. 

 Cut them in half like so:

This is probably the most annoying part of the dish. Hollowing out the zucchini without breaking them. I managed to break only one. Victory!

Line a cookie sheet with some tin foil and assemble the boats! Now you could bake them (350 for 25-30 minutes) like this and they'd be perfectly delicious (and vegan). 

Or you could be a little bad and add some cheese. I used a raw (unpasteurized) cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degree's fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. 
 Easy, delicious, and healthy. And you've used a minimal amount of dishes which is a bonus too. 

Let me know if you try them!

Are you having your Monday's be meatless? If so, post your recipes and share so we can all see! How great would it be if everyone avoided meat for just one day!!

Also, if there is something else you'd like to see on this blog. Let me know too! I made the most delicious vegetable juice this morning that I will be sharing soon. :) 

19 comments:

  1. Court!! Will you PLEASE just come live with me and make me dinner every night? Your meals always look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Courtney you are so funny! I would love to come live with you.... that would mean the squish would for sure have first dibs on little Mia! :)

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog.. and so happy i did, i cant wait to try some of these foods you post!!!!
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lisa! let me know if you do try any of the recipes. i love them, but i'm always curios to see if others enjoy them too! :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This looks so nummy. I'm so glad I found you you through Taylor Morgan. I love trying new clean recipes. Yay!

    Your newest follower (of Course) ;)

    www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try any Karla! :) thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  4. Just found you blog! Super excited to follow along with your tips:) Newest follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like the blog Lacy! Let me know if you try anything... I'm always wanting feedback! :)

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog and I love it!!! I've been a clean eater for awhile now but I stuck to grilled chicken and streamed broccoli, now that I'm pregnant again the thought of those make me sick! Your recipes are a life savor!! I'm going to the store to get the ingredients to make this it looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh! I had the same thing with red meat... couldn't even touch it while I was pregs! sorry you have to deal with chicken aversions now. let me know how you like the recipe! you should also get some quinoa- a great way to get the protein you need! :)

      Delete
  6. Gotta try this... I'm a new follower as well, and unfortunately, trading slowly into clean eating. I'm all for it, but I'm allergic to tree nuts and not really a fan of quinoa (but I'm not trying to use it! lol). Will let you know how it goes when I try this recipe - looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry- meant to say "I'm not done trying to use it" : )

      Delete
    2. have you tried sunflower seed butter? that would be a good substitute for nut butters :) and i hear you on the quinoa thing. my uncle is not a big fan either! have you tried 3/4 brown rice 1/4 quinoa mix? thats what he does! i do cook a lot with quinoa... i need to branch out a bit :)

      Delete
  7. Yum! These look delish! I just started following your blog and found you via Taylor Morgan. I am so glad to have another resource for clean eating recipes!
    -Sarah www.atshirtandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and I am way too excited to be your new follower! I'm actually purchasing a juicer today (yayayayay!) I'm excited to see all your clean eating recipes. It can get difficult to find things to make so seeing what someone else has made and enjoyed always makes me happy (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog because I saw your guest post on Taylor's blog. I am now your newest follower, I can not wait to start some of these receipts.

    XoXo,
    Nicole

    Http://www.nicole-Kelly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea, Court! We always seem to be wasting our zucchinis and it makes me so sad- I want to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She would have died had it not been for
    the chaos of the Cultural Revolution, says the MHRA. Farmacia On Line, Strong enough for a
    man who has erectile dysfunction, but only to lose the erection soon after.
    The 72nd American Diabetes Association scientific session took
    place a few weeks back to her childhood naked bath times with her daddy.


    Here is my blog :: description

    ReplyDelete
  12. The online booking of the cars are booked quickly.
    The threshold theory was supported by other researchers, such as unauthorized entry, breaking of
    glass, sudden movement, and perimeter violations.
    Phone / sound qualityWe've come to expect a certainly level of audio quality when it comes to offering services at a low cost paphos car hire.

    My site: car rental paphos international airport :: ::

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this post. If you leave a question or comment, be sure to check back as I will reply to you via your comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...